"I Want Our Generation To Be Known For Something"


Flicking through my twitter account the other day I came across @EbLiarmyYomi and saw that he had tweeted a link to his soundcloud. Being as interested in new up and coming artists as I am, I clicked on the link and had a listen - https://soundcloud.com/yomis-fresh-a -You can't always expect to be impressed when opening up someone's soundcloud as lets face it; there is some pretty awful 'talent' out there - but this time I was. Yomi's sound and style is something a little different, something exotic, something that isn't the same (and in fact better) as mainstream rappers like Drake
Jumping quickly at the opportunity to feature Yomi on my blog, I emailed him and asked him to tell me a bit about himself and what got him into music..this is what he said;

My name is Yomi, I'm from Florida where I have a love/hate for my city. Love because of the Southern hospitably that breeds opportunity, hate because of the drugs that tainted our cities people with lien, killing, stealing and lack of effort, you see it in all the homeless people that occupy our downtown areas like in Miami and Broward. I started making music in June 2013 but have always had a passion and love for beats and music since I was 9. I'm trying to stamp our generation, every generation was known for something. I want our generation to be known for something. The generation that brought back real music and fused it with sonically new sounds and beats telling the listener something giving each song a purpose without putting them to sleep.
EBLI ARMY - (Every Body Loves It) Armed Righteous Minded Youth.

Don't sleep on him people. Check him out at https://soundcloud.com/yomis-fresh-a
Twitter - @EbLiarmyYomi

 

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com
urbanforward8's items Go to urbanforward8's photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Fashion, Music, Sport and lifesytle. For inquiries please email me - urbanforward8@gmail.com